|Here is the side view. I had enough fabric to eek out this dress with reasonable symmetry from the front and the back, but I did not have enough to play with to get the side seams matching up harmoniously.|
|This was my attempt to take a picture of the back of the dress for you. Not really something I could manage on my own with a mirror, lol!|
I decided to leave the hem as a simple cut edge and not to finish it as this is a casual dress; it won't unravel; and it is hanging perfectly as it is. I did want to finish the sleeve edges though. Trying to turn the fabric under twice and sew it up was going to be a nightmare with my sewing machine. No serger or coverstitch here.
I tried using some vilene iron on bias tape. The kind with a chain stitch down the middle that BurdaStyle so often calls for. The results were terrible. Lettuce leaf effect.
|Too stretched out and wavy.|
|This was just a test piece done with some left over quilt binding.|
|As you can see from the front this was much better.|
|Simplicity 1804, I made view A.|