|My version looks a lot like Burda's. Total coincidence though, I bought my fabric a few months ago. I think their fabric is a little nicer. It's got warmer tones and a smaller print that doesn't have an "geometry" from a distance.|
This blouse was not difficult at all. Of course, I was unable to follow Burda's instructions. I got hopelessly confused on the second bullet point! But, it was such a simple blouse that I was able to figure it out for myself.
My version is fine, but I feel a little meh about it. I think it might be my fabric choice. I sewed up my usual 40, and I wonder if I should have gone for a 38! That seems impossible because frankly I've gained back a lot of weight; but it seems baggy/too big in the wrong places.
The cotton lawn I used was from Goldhawk Road and not expensive. It's a FreeSpirit knock off of a Liberty print. This fabric was a dream to sew up. The best behaved fabric ever! I actually have about a yard and a third left; and I am not sure what to do with it. I don't really like this print near my face, and I can't imagine making a skirt out of it. The colours are a little muddy for a quilt. It's too brown for my little girls to like it.
I'd like to try making another blouse. One with more details and illustrated instructions! I am sure I have something in my pattern stash. Meanwhile, my Butterick t-shirt pattern arrived, so my next job is to muslin up another leather shirt possibility. I have lots of family in town this weekend, from both sides, so maybe by the end of next week.